Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course – Refresher (1 day)Know-How Training Ltd
- On Application
- 1 Day
- Accredited Certification
Emergency Paediatric Aid Level 3 is an 1 day training course. This training course covers the basic in order to save a child or infant life in an emergency situation. Understand the role and responsibilities of the Emergency Paediatric First Aider and have the ability to assess in an emergency situation and prioritise your actions. Parents who require knowledge of Paediatric First Aid can also take part in the training.
The qualification fulfils the requirements for first aid training detailed in the Department for Education’s Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage. Learners who achieve this qualification will meet Ofsted requirements.
Guidance regarding paediatric first aid requirements can be found in The Department for Education’s Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage.
Candidates will learn to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
Identify how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
- Differentiate between an infant and a child for the purposes of first aid treatment
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Conduct a scene survey
- Conduct a primary survey on an infant and a child
- Summon appropriate assistance when necessary
- Identify an infant or child when unresponsive and breathing normally
- Identify an infant or child when unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Identify when to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to an infant and a child
- Demonstrate CPR using an infant and a child manikin
- Justify when to place an infant or a child into the recovery position
- Demonstrate how to place an infant and a child into the recovery position
- Demonstrate continual monitoring of breathing for an infant and a child whilst they are in the recovery position
- Identify how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who is experiencing a seizure
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
The FAA Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid qualification is unit 1 of the two-day FAA Award in Paediatric First Aid qualification. From gaining this emergency paediatric first aid qualification candidate could progress to completing unit 2 and being awarded the 2-day FAA Award in Paediatric First Aid.
The qualification is assessed through practical demonstration and related oral questioning. Candidate must successfully complete all practical demonstrations and correctly answer the oral questions to achieve the qualification. There is no grading of the assessment; candidate pass or are referred.
Scenarios will be set to enable a candidate to demonstrate their knowledge and practical skills. During the practical assessment, the candidate will be asked related questions by the Trainer/Assessor.
The practical assessment is ongoing throughout the course but the Trainer/Assessor will make candidates aware of when they are being assessed.
Know-How Training Ltd
Know How Training & Consultancy Ltd Unit 1,
32 Bankfield Street,
Merseyside L20 8EJ,
Tel: 0151 933 0905Web: https://knowhow-training.co.uk/