NEBOSH General CertificateAlliance Learning
- Price on Application
- 10 Days
- Accredited Certification
- North West
The NEBOSH General Certificate provides a broad understanding of key health and safety issues, covering the legal requirements for health and safety in the UK and the identification and control of workplace hazards.
The course is split into two units which are assessed individually:
– One through an examination paper
– One through a practical assessment
Course Content/topics covered
The course programme includes:
– Industrial safety legislation/International standards
– Regulations codes of practice and guidance safety representatives and safety committees
– Health and safety audits
– Accident prevention and risk management
– Machinery guarding
– Techniques of safety management
– Company safety policies
– Materials handling
– Occupational health and hygiene, COSHH Regulations and noise regulations
Risk assessment is central to the qualification. Through study and workplace application, successful learners will able to:
– Confidently carry out risk assessments
– Develop and implement a detailed action plan
– Manage and minimise workplace risks
– Support and develop your company’s Health & Safety culture
NEBOSH will help you focus on the things that matter and will cover:
– How to effectively manage Health & Safety
– How to identify and control common workplace hazards
– How to measure if you have been successful
– The UK’s key legal requirements
– 1 day per week (classroom)
– 2 days revision (classroom)
– 1 day exam (dates to be confirmed) at Aliance Learning
– There will be an expectation of self-study, delegates will complete recommended to the equivalent of the course duration.
The NEBOSH General Certificate is aimed at managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risks effectively, and many people take the NEBOSH General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety.
Assessment and Certification
The NEBOSH General Certificate course is assessed by 2 examinations and one written risk assessment. Upon successful completion, delegates will be awarded with the NEBOSH General Certificate.
Location of the training
Training will take place at our Head Office in Horwich.
The NEBOSH General Certificate is an accredited level 3 within the National Qualification Framework (NQF) by the office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (ofqual) in England, the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning & Skills (DCELLS) in Wales and the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate meets the academic requirements for Technician membership (TechIOSH) of the institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIISM) of the institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM).
Horwich Business Park,
Chorley New Road,
Tel: 01204 696 744Web: http://www.alliancelearning.com