PGCE/Certificate in EducationAccrington & Rossendale College
- Info on application
- 1 Year Full- time or 2 Years Part-time
This programme is aimed at those wanting to teach in further, higher and adult education, also within the 14+ school sector (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills).
How is the programme run?
Over two full days a week plus teaching hours
Over half a day per week plus teaching hours. Modules in the programme may include:
• Research Informed Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• Becoming a Subject Specialist Teacher
• Being a Subject Specialist Teacher
• Policy and Professional Issues. Assessment takes place at the end of each module and takes the form of reports, presentations, essays, case studies and logs/journals, as appropriate. Students can use their credits to go on to a BA (Hons) Education and Professional Development top-up at Huddersfield University and/or training in the lifelong learning sector (post-16).
PGCE students can progress onto study their Master’s Degrees.
Accrington & Rossendale College
Tel: 01254 389 933Web: https://www.accross.ac.uk/