Site Management Safety Training CourseCitrus Training Ltd
- 5 Days
- Approved Certification
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS training course) is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce. This course is delivered by our usual team of CITB qualified instructors, in a live virtual classroom environment.
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry equipment is a good understanding of spoken and written English
The SMSTS training course is designed to enable managers to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
• Manage health and safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
• Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare.
• Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
The SMSTS day release training course (CITB) content includes:
• Introduction to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions.
• Overviews/explanations of relevant construction activity legislation.
• Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements.
• Risk assessment and ‘principles of prevention’.
• Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring.
• Management of Contractors.
• Development of safe systems of work’ and permit systems.
• Effective communicating.
• Behavioural science including awareness of human error.
• Motivating safety behaviour:
• Recognition of an organisation’s duties and responsibilities.
• Recognition of responsibilities of Managers, Supervisors and Operatives.
• Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work).
• Planning for health and safety within the context of a project.
This is a live virtual classroom five-day course is split over two weeks. 2 consecutive days in the first week and 3 consecutive days in the second week. Delegates are required to complete the full course to be eligible for certification.
• This course is delivery by our team of qualified tutors, in a live virtual classroom powered by Zoom. The course is carried out as close to a normal classroom course as technology will allow but all CITB content is covered.
• Delegates are required to show original photographic identification prior to the commencement of the course, the delegate must be notified of this requirement prior to attendance.
• Delegates must attend the days in order and, where not on consecutive days, must complete the course within five weeks.
• Failure to complete the full course will result in them failing and, as a result, they will not receive a certificate.
• If a delegate is indisposed, in extenuating circumstances (such as bereavement or certified illness), the delegate may enrol on a new course, advice should be sought from CITB before proceeding.
Citrus Training Ltd
Citrus Training Ltd,
Tel: 03332 07 66 11Web: https://www.citrustraining.co.uk/