Teaching Assistant Level 2 ApprenticeshipSheldrake Training
- Price on Application
- 12-18 Months
If you are already working in a school and want to gain an industry recognised qualification to demonstrate your skills and develop your career, then this is an appropriate apprenticeship. Study will include a range of units which will help you in your role as a teaching assistant, learning support assistant or special needs assistant, including safeguarding, supporting positive behaviour and providing displays in schools.
You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-4, including English and maths, or Level 1 Functional Skills, or equivalent. You should also have an interest in, and commitment to, working with children and/or young people and be willing to undergo a compulsory Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check for suitability for working with children and young people.
During this apprenticeship, you will study a range of topics, including:
· Child and young person development
· Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
· Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
· Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
12 – 18 months
The apprenticeship will be delivered through one-to-one teaching and mentoring, classroom workshops, online research and reading. Assessment will be through practical demonstrations and observations in the workplace.
You will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, plus:
· Employment Rights and Responsibilities
· Equality & Diversity
· Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
· English, maths and ICT qualifications if required.
In your place of work.
Tel: 01980 845 789Web: https://www.sheldraketraining.co.uk/