Website CreationEastleigh College
- 7 Weeks
- Accredited Certification
Having a website has never been easier. It’s also a perfect way to keep in touch, support a business, share ideas, and build a community. However, getting started can be a daunting task, and it can be difficult to know how to begin. This course can help dispel some of the confusion surrounding website creation and hosting, as well as clarifying outdated information and helping prepare new website users for navigating an internet ruled by GDPR.
* Introduction to WordPress: This session will introduce students to WordPress UI, examples of the types of websites WordPress can produce, and how to choose a website designed to suit their purpose.
* Dream to Design: Students will be shown how to select a theme on WordPress and customise it. They will also be taught basic website design concepts.
* Content is King: We will look at different types of content students can have on their websites, and how to add them.
* Extras: This session will focus on widgets and plug-ins, as well as features of WordPress paid accounts. We will also touch on using photography and other media in website creation.
* CSS Code Changes: Sometimes a pre-made template isn’t quite right. So we will look at how to tweak CSS templates in order to achieve our desired look.
* HTML Code Changes: As a follow up to week 5, students will learn more code, including how to insert tables and page jumps.
* Just the Beginning: Students will learn how to link their website updates to their social media, promote their website, and use it to achieve their goals.
An Eastleigh College certificate can be requested on successful completion of the course.
Why is this course for me?
The course will be taught by demonstration and one to one coaching. Extra tuition will be given where needed. This course is primarily hands on learning.
What do I need to sign up?
This 7 week course is designed to introduce students to the basics of website creation, as well as the benefits of doing so.
Students will need to have IT skills in order to use the software provided.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring pen and paper/notebook to the class.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course. However WordPress is free to use, at least for simple webpages.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Tel: 023 8091 1000Web: https://www.eastleigh.ac.uk/