Assistant Accountant Level 3 ApprenticeshipFirst College Lincs
- Info on Application
- 18 Months
An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and who work
predominately either as an assistant accountant within practice or alternatively within the finance
function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting the day to day financial activities such
as data entry to month end management accounts and / or year-end financial statements.
also find themselves involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns
or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
To enable apprentices to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and behaviours of the Assistant
Accountant standard, we recommend apprentices work toward the Level 3 Diploma in Accounting which
is not a mandatory requirement. Assessments are computer-based examination. Attendance is flexible
and consists of centre-based learning and work place visits.
• The Course is available through electronic learning.
• The average course is 18 Months; however, your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
• The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
• There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning.
Level 3 Diploma in Accounting covers:
• Advanced Bookkeeping
• Final Accounts Preparation
• Management Accounting: Costing
• Indirect Tax
• Ethics for Accountant
• Spreadsheets for Accounting
• Advanced Diploma Synoptic Assessment
Maths / English
Apprentices without a Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end
End Point Assessment (EPA)
As part of the apprenticeship standards, learners will be required to achieve the EPA. This consists
• Synoptic Assessment
• Portfolio of evidence
First College Lincs
First College Lincs,
Tel: 0800 019 2722Web: http://www.firstcollegelincs.co.uk