IOSH MANAGING SAFELYJim Gant Associates Ltd
- Price on application
- 3 Days
- Accredited Certification
This flagship course from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) provides managers and supervisors with an understanding of safety management systems, hazard identification and control.This course enables delegates to manage practical health and safety issues in the workplace. On completion of the course delegates should be able to carry out practical risk assessments and identify the key legal requirements for health and safety.
Employers are legally required to ensure all staff are provided with adequate health and safety training. Managers and supervisors in particular should be aware of their responsibilities and be competent to manage health and safety effectively. If you hold a management or supervisory role this course is for you.
IOSH Managing Safely is a dynamic and practical 3 day Health and Safety training course designed to educate line managers and supervisors on their Health and Safety responsibilities and build the confidence to put it all into practice.
This course aims to cover all major Health and safety related issues and provide delegates with the right level of knowledge and practical experience needed to manage key issues within their teams.
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors and Individuals responsible for teams or groups of employees who require a basic knowledge of Health and Safety
This course covers 7 units over 3 days with a written assessment on the last day
Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely
Module 2: Assessing risks
Module 3: Controlling risks
Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities
Module 5: Identifying hazards
Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents
Module 7: Measuring performance
Assessment and Certification:
Candidates must pass an end of course assessment and workplace practical risk assessment project.
Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Jim Gant Associates Ltd
JIM GANT ASSOCIATES LTD,
28 WESTERN WAY,
HAMPSHIRE PO12 2NG,
Tel: 07747044944Web: http://jimgantassociates.co.uk/
What you'll learn on this course
- Identify their responsibilities for health and safety
- Explain the reasons for preventing workplace accidents
- Explain the reasons for preventing occupational ill health
- Define 'hazard', 'risk' and 'risk assessment'
- Identify common hazards in the work place
- Identify the best techniques to control risks
- Identify the demands of the law and how the legal system works
- Describe a health and safety management system
- Identify why and how accidents should be investigated
- Outline basic performance indicators for monitoring activities
- Carry out a risk assessment