Website DevelopmentDigital Peninsula Network (DPN)
- Info on Application
- 3/4 Days
- Approved Certification
Our WordPress course will introduce you to the industry basics of web design and how to create your own accessible website. Our expert tutors with years of first-hand experience in web design will show you how to use the tools in WordPress and how to embed graphics. Our hands-on, step by step guide is a great way to learn the basics without too much jargon. You’ll also have the opportunity to network and connect with other local businesses.
What We Cover:
At the start of the course, you will have a blank website ready-made for you to experiment and learn on, so don’t worry if you don’t have an existing WordPress site. With the support of our tutors you will learn how to:
– Create and schedule a blog
– Add a social media feed into your website.
– Ccreate an individual website page
– Implement and use different templates
– Personalise your website to reflect your brand using colour, headers, fonts and styles
– Embed alt text (which is important!)
– Meet GDPR criteria on your website
– Creating and navigating a web menu
– Ensure your website works across a variety of devices
Location: We offer training in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire.
Duration: WordPress courses tend to be 3 – 4 days long, spread over separate weeks so that they are easier to fit around work and school schedules.
Cost: All of our courses are FUNDED – meaning that they are either FREE to eligible businesses, or heavily subsidised. Wherever possible, DPN will use funding to cover the costs of the training. You can contact us now to find out whether you or your business is eligible.
Entry Level: Our courses are designed to be useful for both beginners and those who already use WordPress, but would like to bolster their skills.
Digital Peninsula Network (DPN)
1-2 Brewery Yard,
Tel: 01736 333 700Web: https://www.digitalpeninsula.org/